Monday, May 21, 2012

Birds and a Blog

Something going on with birds at my house today. Breakfast time I heard a thundering pounding on the roof, like some alien fly-over had dropped a hundred rocks on us. Turns out it was a flock of vultures. Yuck. Chased them off with the dinner bell and hope they just keep movin' on. Then a woodpecker set up a rat-a-tat-tat on the siding. Was it looking for lunch or signaling a mate? Whatever...we don't need holes in the house. As I write now a crazy blue bird keeps bumping the lakeside windows. It appears to be spying on my husband and me. I'm beginning to wonder if a Shakespeaerian ominous portent is looming.
On a brighter note, Lynette Phillips has posted a blog I wrote on her blog "Lynette's Book World." Please check it out!
Also, I had a wonderful time speaking at the Smith Mt. Lake chapter of AAUW on Saturday. My talk was of bullies (re: EAGLEBAIT my novel about school bullies), but I also noted A RED, RED ROSE's availability. A most attentive and charming audience.
My next speaking gig is this Thursday at the Moneta/Smith Mt. Lake Library, hosted by the Friends of the Library. I hope to see a good crowd there.

No comments: