Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Visions of sugarplums...

Smith Mountain Lake is one festive place to celebrate the holidays--everything from a boats-decorated-for- Christmas parade to programs and pageants and concerts everywhere you look.  So far, we've attended three stellar performances.  First, the Bedford Symphony.  Unbelievable talent and dedication from the musicians and director and an awesome, unique hoiday presentation.  Then, our church cantata with 29 voices blending and soaring to double or triple the expected sound.  Last night it was Lessons and Carols at Ferrum College--student performances that dazzled and inspired.  We hope to attend the musical presentation at the Old Meeting House in Bedford again this year.  In past years we've been mesmerized by the acapella renderings of 17th and 18th century carols by a small, but talented ensemble.  In the candle-lit 1830's meeting house, I am immediately transported to Christmas past. Happy holidays to all!

1 comment:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Susan, I'm your newest follower. Found ya on Becky Mushko's FB page and then realized you also know Betsy Ashton. Are you one of Dawn's client's by chance?
Anywho, aah...visions of sugarplums. This makes me remember when my children were small and I would read, The Night Before Christmas, to them. At bedtime, I'd tell them to dream of sugarplums.
Your festivities sound spectacular! I love Christmas time dearly. Please do me the honor if you get an opportunity click over to my blog...http://cathykennedystories.bblogspot.com or visit my website, www.cathykennedystories.com

Have yourself a merry little Christmas!